I am selling a command (main or "brain") board for motion simulator.
This comes from my own researches to make my Flight Simulator. It is now perfectly working for months.
The Thanos AMC was not good for me hence we do not havee access to the code and that my application needed to.
This was the reason I decided to do my own board.
The main features are :
- Compact command board for motion simulator
- based on a easy to use PICAXE-28X2 chip (see http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/
- Easy to program "Made for children" (see http://www.picaxe.com/docs/picaxe_manual1.pdf
- Easy to connect, you only need a 9-pin SUB-D cable
- 2 PWM outputs (typ. Roll and Pitch), to be connected to MOMO's H-bridge
- 2 current sensing inputs (typ. Roll and Pitch) (from shunt on MOMO's H-bridge), with reading on an ADC input
- 2 relays output (typ. Roll and Pitch) (allow to cut motors power in case of emergency)
- 2 feedback potentiometers (typ. Roll and Pitch) to be read by an ADC
- 6 status led
- 2 built-in potentiometers to set MIN and MAX adc, to be used with any kind of potentiometer.
For example. If your motion sim has only a rotationnal range of 50°(on a 270° pot) you can define an ADC range close to 0.92V (50/270*5 [V]).
For example : MIN ADC is 3V and max ADC is 3.92V. This way min position (0°) corresponds to a 0 reading on ADC and max(50°) to 255.
If your current sensing need the whole ADC range (0-5V), you can temporarily desactivate this during program execution and reativate it for feedback pot reading.
This perfectly works for my Flight Simulator !
- High reliability : profesionnal finish (FR4 material, solder mask, silkscreen, 35µm copper thicK.).
Less components than in other boards enhance reliability. For example : no MAX232 chip : Direct plug to picaxe chip.
Here below are some pictures of my Flight Simulator which uses the MOMO's command board :
Here below are some picture of the MOMO's command board.
WARNING : I only sell the PCB, not the components. See notes below for further details.
Some zones have been blurred to avoid copying and masking my name.
Picture 3 show my prototype board without profesionnal addon : soldermask, silkscreen and industrial drilling.
You will receive the board shown in picture 1 and 2.
- Need a 5V (1A) and a 12V (1A) to work
I only sell the PCB, not the components ! The price is Eur 40. There is 2 PCBs left.
But if you are interested, I can order the missing components (1 week delay) and ship them to you (price to be discussed)
The detailed parts list will be shipped with the board.
I can also solder them for you (price to be discussed)
Shipping not included, the board are now in Belgium (price to be discussed)
Do not hesitate to ask questions !
Thanks in advance,