@Sirnoname:Since it looks like you already threw in the towel I have to be honest about a few things:
• You are a great guy and created a great piece of Software, but should try to put things more into a (long term) perspective instead of constantly picking up only the negatives
• I indeed am trying (not "tried") to help you but I don't feel ignored by the users, the response to the Poll wasn't high, but in regards to the active members not bad either. Unfortunately you didn't want to do anything with the results of it, which is needed to get more active members (NOFI!)
• To be honest regarding my help I feel somewhat ignored by you instead (once again: NOFI!):
- I have/had a ready to use new site and forum design (http://floriske.nl/x-sim
) which would only require 3 minor efforts from you side (FTP, Board admin & software.x-sim.de): Ignored!
- I did a clear interest poll on the forum division and been pretty clear why it should be changed (users complained about it as well): Ignored!
- Did a (imho good looking) redesign on the software at your request which made me believe you where back on a positive vibe: Ignored by stopping the development and closing down the site!
• I think your expectations have always been too high for such a young new community:If you start a new community and want to see it grow:
• The most important thing is to give it TIME!
• You can not expect everyone from the old community to simply hop over, this takes TIME! (the new forum opened on march 18th, 3 months is a very short time to expect a lot of activity).
• Need a solid base (correctly divided forum, good looking website), this takes TIME!
• A community has to grow it will almost never "explode" like you would like to see, this takes TIME!.I really hope that, while you can fully concentrate on other things, you will give me and the others a chance to let X-Sim.de grow and keep the community alive:
• If I look at whois of x-sim.de it expires in December so you could give us 5 moths TIME! to try
• If you are willing to grant me root ftp access I can place the new site design and add the board theme (co-existing next to the current site: no phpbb source code changes needed!)
• I can supply you with ready made bmp's for the software in the same style (and when needed even in the exact same sizes as the current ones, in which case I can even add them to the software with resource hacker <- just tried this, but can't find the background image in resource hacker)
• If you are willing to grant me board admin access I will change the forum division (once again: no phpbb source code changes needed!)
• The 3d (ftp and admin being 1st and 2nd) minor effort from your side needed: software.x-sim.de for headerless integration.
Just to be clear: absolutely No Offense Intended, just trying to keep this community alive!
If you do eventually decide to stop anyway which would be very sad news
at least consider to keep the supporter edition available at a specific prize (without technical support from your side)